On the eve of SXSW Interactive, accurately referred to as “spring break for geeks”, I wanted to tell you about a lesser-known but equally awesome conference. Also for geeks.
Last year, I was lucky enough to speak at LessConf alongside friends and heroes Dan Martell, Saul Colt, Cameron Moll, Chris Wanstrath, Jason Fried, David Heinemeier Hansson, Peldi Guilizzoni and Alex Hillman. I spoke about the concepts in Linchpin, Seth Godin’s seminal book.
The video of my presentation is below. It’s almost an hour long but the concepts are important.
(if you can’t see the video, click here)
This year, LessConf is in Atlanta again, April 29th – 30th and features some amazing speakers.
- Josh Williams – CEO of Gowalla
- Jeff Lawson – CEO and Co-Founder of Twilio.com
- Amy Hoy – Fearless Leader of Freckle & UnicornFree.com
- Micah Baldwin – CEO of Graphic.ly
- Hiten Shah – Co-founder of KissMetrics.com
- Rhonda Kallman – Co-founder of Samuel Adams, Founder of New Century Brewing
- Tom Rossi – Partner at The Molehill
- Steven Walker – Lead Designer at Groupon
- Jason Beaird – UX Designer at MailChimp.com
- Sarah Hatter – CEO of CoSupport
Early-bird tickets are sold out. Remaining tickets (and a list of attendees) is here.
To get an idea of the buttoned-up, serious tone of LessConf, check out these videos.
Warning, language NSFW:
If you’re free on April 29th – 30th and want to be inspired, I highly recommend attending.